UWB Alliance to Present at Wireless IOT Tomorrow23
At the WIOT Tomorrow23 in Wiesbaden, Germany, which is the largest event dedicated to WIOT technologies, the UWB Alliance will discuss why UWB is the optimal choice for IOT, why UWB is an excellent choice for shared spectrum, and how the UWB Alliance is working on standards that will help expand the adoption of UWB worldwide. Use discount code UWB15 to receive 15% off the ticket price when ordering online. Click on the link below for more information about the event and key points the UWB Alliance will emphasize.
What we do
Since 2019, UWB has been expanding into a mainstream consumer technology for smartphones, wearables, automotive and industry, forecasted to drive sales volumes in excess of one billion devices annually by 2025.
Building upon the standardization work performed by our staff and members within the IEEE on the 802.15.4z, we are focussed on providing a favourable regulatory and spectrum management landscape to maximize UWB growth. This includes working to secure new advantageous rulesets in the upcoming reviews in USA and Europe to expand the use cases for UWB technology.
We are also heavily involved in optimizing spectrum sharing whilst minimizing interference. We evangelise coexistence for the expanding Wireless Multiverse and work with members and stakeholders to provide thought leadership on strategies to “make it all work together”.
Scope and Goals
The UWB Alliance takes a proactive position to influence regulatory matters in our mission to:
- Develop effective coexistence strategies for UWB bands with new evolving radio regulations
- Increase the utility of UWB globally through the expansion and adoption of UWB Standards worldwide. Examples include providing better indoor range, expanding outdoor use, simplifying the automotive rulesets, and working to find alternative solutions to the EC’s proposal to mandate the measurement of transmit duty cycle over a one-hour period.
- We are also advocating new spectrum, such as the new work item in Europe to Expand UWB up to 12.4 GHz, as well as in the emerging higher frequency bands.
- We work to educate and influence country/regional regulatory bodies with the goal of expanding the worldwide regulatory footprint for UWB and harmonization of international regulatory standards.
Working together with our members, we chair, orchestrate, and promote end-to-end vendor agnostic interoperability built upon newly published and already widely adopted standards – such as IEEE 802.15.4z – in our mission to:
- Establish Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology as a significant open-standards industry
- Promote IEEE 802.15.4 as specified in amendments 802.15.4a and 4f
- Extend the work published in the new 802.15.4z amendment
- Create other evolving standards-based UWB technologies
Advocate UWB Technology
As part of our mission, we advocate UWB technology and use cases to:
- Promote verticals showing the value of UWB for IoT and Industry 4.0
- Build a global ecosystem across the complete UWB value chain, from the silicon to the service.