the Power of UWB
the Power of UWB
August 25th 2020, IEEE 802.15.4z Standard Launched!
A major milestone in the explosive adoption of UWB
was marked today with the publication of the IEEE 802.15.4z amendment.
IEEE 802.15.4z Launch Web
What we do
The mission of the UWB Alliance is to be the voice of the designers and manufacturers committed to establishing ultra wideband (UWB) technology as a significant open standards industry.
With millions of installed devices globally, UWB warrants protection and coexistence with other radio technologies. The UWB Alliance seeks to foster growth through end-to-end and vendor agnostic interoperability programs.
Scope and Goals
The UWB Alliance takes a proactive position to influence regulatory matters in our mission to:
- Protect and develop coexistence strategies for UWB bands with new evolving radio regulations (e.g. 6 GHz)
- Increase the utility of UWB globally through the expansion and adoption of UWB Standards worldwide (Emission levels, outdoor use)
- Allocation of new spectrum (e.g. >95 GHz)
- Influence country/regional regulation bodies to reach a world-wide UWB regulatory solution
Working together with our members, we chair, orchestrate and promote end-to-end vendor agnostic interoperability built upon current and newly-emerging standards such as IEEE 802.15.4z in our mission to:
- Establish Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology as a significant open standards industry
- Promote 802.15.4 and other standards based UWB technologies
- Define and propose interoperability profiles through multiple industry use cases
- Define testing methodology for interoperability
- Develop relationships to provide recommended test facilities
Advocate UWB Technology
As part of our mission, we advocate UWB technology and use cases to:
- Promote verticals showing the value of UWB for IoT and Industry 4.0
- Build a global ecosystem across the complete UWB value chain, from the silicon to the service
Current Board Team
Executive Director, Chairman IEEE 802.15.4z, Vice Chairman ETSI TGUWB, Tech Editor IEEE 802.15.4f, TE of ISO 24730-61
Operations Director, Experienced technology policy advocate with association management expertise
Chief Technology Officer and Comptroller, Vice Chairman IEEE 802.15.4z, Treasurer IEEE 802.15, Executive Committee Member IEEE 802, TE of multiple versions of 802.15
General Counsel, Executive V.P. at 121 Strategies
VP Business Development